This one’s not for sleepyheads. And you won’t find Tom Hanks or Meg Ryan anywhere.
But do check out the article by Al Bender and Ann Romeo in the May issue of the ACBL Bridge Bulletin. It’s on page 30.
You will learn about a fascinating initiative to get young people interested in bridge. Bridge for Youth offers online classes for young people including online summer camps.
See the next post (below) for details on how to register your kids or grandkids in a B4Y online summer bridge camp.
The GNT (Grand National Team) District finals will be held online on BBO over 2 weekends in June. Put a team together if you want to compete.
Complete details can be found on our GNT page.
The Canadian National Institute for the Blind is putting on a fundraising bridge game, Bridging Barriers Charity Game. Here’s a chance to contribute to a worthy cause while enjoying your favourite game. And note that you don’t need to live in Canada* to play!
- Where: on BBO
- When: Sunday, March 7, 2021 from 10:00AM -12:30PM (PST)
- Format: 18 boards, stratified A/B/C (point ranges to be announced).
- ACBL Club Championship rating points (2X the normal club black points).
- The game will be run through Island Bridge Club, with Roy Stefaniec directing.
- Prizes will be awarded to top E/W – N/S scores for all three strats.
- Grand Prize – a 38” strand of pearls donated by Stones Jewellry, valued at $1195.
- The winner will be announced on game day, Sunday, March 7 at 9:55 am.
The cost is $50, eligible for an income tax receipt for the whole amount.
- Choose your partner (you must have a partner to play with, but register individually, to receive your tax receipt)
- Have your BBO username (handle) ready before you pre-register (required field).
- Pre-register through this link: https://www.classy.org/event/cnib-bridging-barriers/e317773
- Game day: log onto BBO between 9:00-9:30 am on Sunday, March 7.
- Select Challenge then All Tournaments. Type CNIB into the SEARCH field in the top right-hand corner.
- Click on CNIB and you will be placed at a table, one partner invites the other and you are ready to play!
- Draw for the Grand Prize takes place at 9:55 am, just before the game starts. Only players are eligible to win.
- If you have trouble logging on at game day, contact Roy Stefaniec at 250 812-1615.
* Note: Everyone is eligible for prizes but tax receipts are of use to Canadian taxpayers only.