As you know, the Whistler Regional is scheduled for November 1 to 7.
However, this is dependent on BC moving to step 4 of its Covid Recovery Plan, which would allow large indoors gatherings. Due to the recent surge in Covid cases, the province remains at step 3 for the foreseeable future.
BC Public Health officials hope that as more people get immunized to meet the BC vaccine card requirements, restrictions can be lifted.
Given the uncertainty, D19’s Board of Directors will make a final decision on whether to hold the tournament on October 1st. District players will be informed through email and a notice will be posted on our website.
Implications for hotel and accommodations reservations:
If you have booked a room at Chateau Whistler, hang tight. Your credit card will not be charged until mid October. It’s an awesome rate and you might want to consider keeping some or all of your days for a getaway. even if the event is cancelled.
If you have booked other accommodations (Airbnb, etc), check their cancellation policy.